Tuesday 12 March 2013

Initial Ideas

Idea 1:
Using Hans Peter Feldmann and his photo collections as an inspiration, I will use this theme as one of my initial ideas. I will explore this theme in two different ways using different 'ideas' of obscurity and covertness. I intend on using footwear for my first idea where I will take photos of different trainers at different angles. This will relate to the theme of covert and obscure as the footwear belongs to someone but looking at the photo we are unaware of who it belongs to, therefore the owner is hidden. Another idea that I will use is taking pictures of facial features; mouths and eyes only, rather than the whole face. This will make the model seem covert and obscured as the rest of her body will be unseen and left unknown, while only a section of their faces will be revealed.

Inspiration photos:


Collage made by Hans Peter Feldmann



















Idea 2:
Keith Piper and his 'Go West Young Man' has inspired me to explore the theme: Quest To Find Truth using my mother. Throughout this project he has created collages using photos revealing the truth behind something. I will use his ideas to take pictures of my mum doing certain things (cooking and reading), and modelling with specific possessions of her own (jewellery) to reveal the kind of person she is. Using these pictures I will create a collage. 


Inspiration photo:
Image created by Keith Piper












Idea 3:
Using Sannah Kvist's theme of 'All I Own' I will use my sister as a model and take pictures of her surrounded by her belongings to visually reveal the person that she is. I can develop this idea using specific objects that my sister owns to make photograms. I think that creating photograms would be a better way to develop a final outcome compared to my first idea using this theme. This is because a photogram of someones belongings can seem obscure as the technique allows the object to look abstract and keeps the person covert.

Inspiration photo:








1 comment:

  1. Bethanie, your blog has shown little movement in the last month, but the book looks good. Lets take about tjhis as it is a worry that so little is being documented here. Lets set some targets for next week, including: analysis and evidence of digital and film photo shoots.

    ReplyDelete