Tuesday 12 February 2013

Starting Point

Chosen theme: quest to find truth behind my Mother, inspired by Keith Pipers theme of art work: The Quest To Find Truth

Although my chosen theme is 'The quest to find truth' I will explore other themes as initial ideas: All I Own and Collections

Why? I find my chosen theme the most interesting as it relates to the theme of 'covert photography' which I can develop to making my outcome seem obscure by focusing on the strange perspective of the secrets I will reveal/research.


What are you planning to look at for your primary/secondary research? 

Primary research: directly from my mother by asking her questions about her past. Secondary research: asking my mothers mum about my mother. This gives me two perspectives of her life.  

Which artists/designers will you be looking at?

 - Keith Piper
- Sannah Kvist
- Hans Peter Feldmann

What materials/techniques would you like to experiment with?

I would like to experiment with taking digital as well as SLR photos, I would also like to use acetate, or burnt paper and a collage for my final outcome. 

Final Outcome:

For my final outcome I will make a collage using either burnt paper or acetate for pages of a diary (A4 size). I will then place my pictures on the written pages as a collage. 

    I will do a mind map of my Grandma of the different 'themes' relating to her life and past for me to photograph. 
Themes to look at for my final idea (The Quest To Find Truth): -
                                 - Possessions 
                                 - Purchases (e.g shopping list); presenting the kind of person she is.
                                 - Clothes? (fashion trends when she was younger) 
                                 - Home

1 comment:

  1. You are preforming well in your blog and sketchbook, just make sure a good start on the blog is not undermined as the work on your blog has stalled recently.

    Please update your blog asap, with the following:

    1 Digital Shot shoot
    2 Digital experiments

    ReplyDelete