Tuesday 5 February 2013

Final Evaluation; Light Project


1. Write an explanation of your brief - what did you have to do? How did you come up with the ideas for this project? 
Throughout this project I had to research photographers who experimented using light techniques for their art work. I then had to do my own experimentation using their techniques so I could pick one to develop for my final project. The technique that I chose was the blending technique using light paintings and portraits on Adobe Photoshop. 

2. Write about the creative 'journey' of the project - how did the project and ideas evolve from start to finish through experimentation and research?
Throughout my creative journey I changed my idea from landscape to portraiture. This is because I didn't have the correct equipment to use in order for my outcome to be at the standards I intended it to be. Also, when I begun to develop my light painting photo's to blend with the portraits, I changed the equipment from christmas tree lights to christmas tree ball balls which I think created a better effect as they created waves of light rather than 'spots' of light as shown on 'My Christmas Tree Light Experiments' page
3. Who inspired your final outcomes? - You MUST talk about who has inspired your work - include images and links where possible. 
I was inspired by Patrick Rochon and David Bailey to create blending experiments. I took both of their experiments and combined the two together;
Light portrait inspired by David Baileys portraits, e.g on the right


















Light painting to blend with portrait to create the same
kind of effect Patrick Rochon has on the left
















4. What do you think you have done well? What has worked? Are you happy with your final outcomes?

I think my outcomes did come out well as the light paintings on each photo were clearly visible, as well as the strong colour used which was essential. 

5. What do you think you could have improved in your final outcome? - you need to talk about something, nobody is perfect!

If I could improve my final outcome I would take a variety of portrait photos with the model doing different emotions in order for me to match a colour of a light painting with the mood presented.

6. Conclusion - overall how did you find the project? What techniques would you like to develop further in the future? 
Overall I found the project fun and interesting as I completed experiments that I hadn't done before. I also discovered a variety of ways to create light paintings, for example: using an iPad, christmas decorations and a light pen which I would like to further develop in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment