Thursday 7 February 2013

Rankin Destroy Experimentation


Out of the four experiments that I did these two are my favourite. For the image at the top, I used a black fine liner pen to draw over the main features of my face; mouth, nose, eyes, ears, eyebrows and hair. I also drew flowers and a butterfly around my face to give the viewers a sense of my personality/me. I wanted to bring across my personality artistically as that was the main purpose of the project that inspired me; Rankin Destroy Project. For the photo at the top, I was also inspired by Julian Opie to draw on the main features of my face with a fine liner, this allowed my photo to transform into a covert (as my bare face was hidden) and obscure (as I altered my facial features with a pen) image.


An example of Julian Opie's art: 


I was also able to allow the second photo to seem covert in a way as the ripped newspaper around my face has hidden the outer sections but looks as if it has been teared to reveal the face. 



No comments:

Post a Comment