Saturday 17 November 2012

Evaluation



  • Are you pleased with your final prints?
 I am pleased with my final prints as they all developed as I wanted them to eventually
  • How easy / difficult did you find making them? 
I found it quite easy to make the prints as I already knew what settings to use because I did photogram experiments before hand so I was aware of what settings I should and shouldn't use. 
  • Did you enjoy experimenting with the different techniques learnt throughout the project? 
I did enjoy experimenting with the different techniques, particularly the photogram technique which is what I decided to do as my final project. This is because it is a technique that allows you to alter the way people view objects.
  • How do your final prints link to the theme of 'Everyday'? What were your intentions / ideas?
My final prints link to the theme of 'Everyday' because I have used everyday objects to create each photogram. The objects that I used were: a perfume bottle, a pair of scissors, bracelets, rings and an earing. With these objects I used different techniques to make them look abstract. One technique that I used which I think had the best effect was the Chemigram technique. I did this by placing scissors onto a pice of photopaper and moving the pair a number of times whilst exposing to light. I then splashed developer onto the paper and rubbed some parts in with a paint brush rather than placing it into a tray of developer like I usually would.
  • Would you do anything differently if you could go back? i.e. shoot different images on your film or explore a different idea. 
If I could go back I wouldn't change any of the pictures that I created because all of them turned out as I wanted them to.
  • Which photographers did you look at for this project and which inspired you the most? Why? 
When I decided to create photograms, it was after I researched Man Ray and the photograms he made. 

  • Overall how did you find the project?
At the beginning of the project, I felt that it was quite difficult and tricky as the photo's that I took using an SLR camera were too dark, so I had to change my whole idea/theme. However, when I changed my idea to photograms and begun making the photograms I started to enjoy the project more and found it much easier.  

Targets: 
1. Include academic & technical language when analysing.
2. Focus on experimentation; complete each experiment. 
3. Compare and evaluate my work to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment