Tuesday 18 June 2013

Handmade Experiments - inspired by Geraldine Georges and Julie Cockburn

Geraldine Georges experiments:


The two images above are my experiments that I made after being inspired by Geraldine's art work where she combines the two mediums; graphics and photography. The first picture is my original experiment where I cut up a picture that I had previously taken of someone in my class, and edited on Adobe photoshop so that it was black and white like some of the pictures Geraldine Georges uses. I simply used a black fine liner pen to lines of different lengths and patterns to add an extention to the photo. I photocopied my first experiment and added another pattern to it (the second picture) which was drip marks as I noticed that Geraldine draws that on her art work. I like the way I have used a colour theme; black and white as adds a simple aspect to the work in comparison to the actual variety of patterns. 

Julie Cockburn experiments:



For the two pictures above I was inspired by Julie Cockburn as I embellished an old vintage photo of a woman and made it my own in the style of Julie Cockburn. I was inspired by this picture: 



On the first picture I used a black fine liner pen to draw symbols and patterns like in the picture by Julie Cockburn. I then photocopied it and added some coloured tints to the face; cheeks, lips and eyes. I did this because I wanted to create the same type of effect Julie Cockburn did where there is colour on the face of the portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment