Wednesday 19 June 2013

Julie Cockburn Digital Work

This is my first experiment that I made using Adobe Photoshop. These are the instructions that I followed:
Open up your chosen image in Photoshop
Create a new layer: Layer - New
Choose the selection tool in the tool box and make a circle shape TIP: Hold down alt and shift when making the shape to ensure a perfectly proportioned circle drawn from the middle
Fill the circle selection with colour of your choice using the paint bucket
Set the Layer Blending mode to 'multiply': find this in the drop down menu at the top of the Layers Pallet
Repeat this process to add a different colour circle!


For this experiment I purposely selected two primary colours; red and blue to place circles on the face. I placed the two circles over the main features of the face on top of each other so that another colour is created; purple. The Layer Blending mode that I used, named 'Multiply' adds a subtle colourful tone to the picture as the face and hair is still clearly visible, which makes the circles seem transparent. 






I created the last three Julie Cockburn experiments using the tutorial on this video.

I think that altering the face in this way is very interesting. This is due to the fact that I have selected the main aspects of the face; eyes, nose and mouth to place around the face, in a chosen shape. I particularly like the picture in the middle because the technique that I used (making certain aspects of her face into shapes) makes it seem as if I removed the woman's original face and placed parts of it around her head, this highlights the fact that the eyes, nose and mouth are the most important, noticeable features of the face, which is what I wanted to portray. 

For both experiments I have used a technique that highlights the main features of the face using Adobe Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment